Facebook is all about the algorithm. This means you really have no idea what content will pop up on the top. It could be the latest, it could be something popular, it could be something old, and unfortunately it could be something that seems completely irrelevant. Another key aspect any Facebook product: you're never done.
Buying things should not work this way! The goal is to refine your results and discover the options you have. There should not be an endless list of things.
Here's an example: I searched for "Canon". After a little bit of scrolling, these are the results:
Notice how a projector is listed? What about the Meta glasses? These are not relevant to my search. They are noise making the search experience frustrating.When it comes to shopping, it's perfectly fine and expected that there should be a finite listing of matches within your search criteria.
Think about cars. If you were shopping for a brand new Toyota Camry you could easily find which Toyota dealers are closest to you and limit your research to those dealers (probably just a handful at most).
Facebook ignores this convention and simply wants to keep you curious for things completely irrelevant to your search.
Here's another example where I searched for "cactus"
After a modest amount of scrolling I just start seeing listings for barrels for some reason. I did some more scrolling and eventually hit a listing for tomatoes. I guess Facebook thinks I might eventually start craving tomatoes while searching for cacti.
Source: https://about.fb.com/news/2026/07/introducing-seller-app-facebook-marketplace/
No comments:
Post a Comment