Beginning in early 2027, Peacock Premium will be included in a bundle with YouTube Premium, making it immediately available to millions of existing YouTube Premium subscribers, substantially expanding Peacock’s reach and making it one of the most broadly distributed premium streaming services in the U.S. Subscribers will receive seamless access to Peacock within the YouTube experience, featuring marquee live sports including the NFL, Olympics, NBA, MLB, Big Ten and Notre Dame Football, Big 12, Big East and Big Ten College Basketball, Premier League, WNBA, Kentucky Derby, golf and more, hit series such as Love Island USA, The Real Housewives franchise, Law & Order: SVU, Saturday Night Live, The Traitors, All Her Fault and The Office; and award-winning and blockbuster films.
On the surface this seems like a win for YouTube Premium subscribers like myself. I guess I'll be able to watch the entire catalog of The Office, Traitors, and Housewives on YouTube?
I manage a YouTube Premium Family Plan. Does this mean everyone in my household will have access?
I can only imagine this will drive up YouTube Premium costs. The service has become somewhat unnegotiable for me though as YouTube is such a valuable resource for information. I also use the music streaming service, though it really is not up to par with Spotify in terms of features.
On a technical level, I think YouTube has lower bitrates than most services. Hopefully the deal includes all their 4K (movies and shows) content is as well.
I'm guessing there will also be some interesting implications for the 2028 Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment